The Old Hutt Railway Workshop Dining hall, was built in 1929.
On 24 November 2002 the building was moved in three pieces to a new location for use as a church.
The three truck convoy set out from Bell Road at 3.00 am. It travelled along the Petone Esplanade and turned into Jackson Street. It was a strange sight as it came over the old Korokoro bridge and turned onto the Motorway.
Here one of the building sections tangled with a street lamp causing a two-hour closure of the road.
After slowly winding up Dowse Drive the three pieces arrived in Maungaraki around 9:00 am just as people were arriving early for church that Sunday morning.
MBC History - written in 2011
The first 5 years - 1985 - 1990
The next 20 years - 1991 - 2011
The Holy Spirit ... - 1990's
In the Light ... - 1999 - 2003
The Buildings - 2002 - 2004